Summer is right around the corner. Are you ready? SunWorks, etc. can help!
Here are five ways to make your backyard the number one summer hangout.
1. Time to get fired up.
- Outdoor kitchens are the hottest trend in backyard entertaining. From a simple grill surround, to an elaborate, fully equipped kitchen, outdoor kitchens make hosting fun.
- Fire pits are hot commodities. A cozy concrete fire pit creates ambiance and entices your guests to sit back and relax.
2. Time to set up an outdoor bar.
- Beverage servers ensure that your favorite summer drinks are always close at hand. Not your usual boring ice bucket, our concrete trough offers a place for beverages to chill.
- Side tables add organization to busy family spaces. A pretty tray with a few glasses is all you need to be ready for summer entertaining.
- In-pool tables are the ultimate in luxury. Enjoy a cold beverage while relaxing in the pool.
3. Time to fill your planters.
- Planters add a pop of color to your deck or patio. Our decorative concrete planters are customizable and crafted to stand up to the elements beautifully.
4. Time to set out your patio furniture.
- Outdoor furniture that is made of concrete has exceptional strength and durability. Our decorative concrete furniture is expertly crafted for years of dependable outdoor use.
- Benches, tables in all sizes, and consoles are just a few examples of the decorative concrete furniture that we can make.
- Have a base that needs a top? We can custom build a new top for you.
5. Time to have dinner alfresco.
- Eat in the open air. The summer months are perfect for eating outdoors. Our decorative concrete furniture is crafted to stand up to years of outdoor entertaining.
For more decorative concrete inspiration visit our online gallery.
Tell us: How are you getting ready for summer?
What makes summer special? For many, the answer is cookouts with family and friends. Food brings people together. The kitchen is often a home’s central gathering area. Warmer weather draws people to outside activities. Many homeowners are extending their living area and entertaining possibilities with an outdoor kitchen and bar.
Staycation is now a popular term. For stay-at-home vacations, leisure activities are pursued without traveling anywhere. A family spends quality time together in the comfort of their own home. The backyard is a blank canvas where the outdoor paradise of your dreams can be created. The beauty and convenience of a full outdoor kitchen and bar creates that home resort atmosphere.
An outdoor kitchen is an investment that adds value to both your lifestyle and home. According to the National Association of Home Builders, the addition of an outdoor kitchen can increase the value of any home; and, depending on how much of an investment is made, can bring a return of up to 130 percent of the cost of the kitchen.*
Concrete is the number one material for taking cooking and entertaining outdoors. Foremost, decorative concrete countertops are highly functional and versatile. No other medium competes with the nearly limitless design options that concrete affords.
- all-weather building medium
- alter and customize shape, color and pattern to compliment any décor
- naturally heat resistant
- easy to maintain and clean – simply spray off with hose when needed
Do you want everything in your outdoor kitchen including the kitchen sink? Outdoor kitchens are going far beyond the lonely barbeque grill on the back patio. Backyard kitchens can incorporate all of the appliances and conveniences that you would find in the indoor kitchen. A design professional can recommend the appliances and features that will best suit your entertaining wants and needs.
An outdoor kitchen is an investment. Proper planning will ensure that it is both functional and comfortable. The outdoor kitchen should work well with the rest of your landscape. Things to consider when designing an outdoor kitchen:
- size of the group entertaining
- appliance and feature wish list
- proximity to the house and utilities
- dimensions of yard, deck or patio
- prevailing wind
- sun and shade
An outdoor kitchen and bar serves double duty. It is an ideal space for cooking and entertaining in a relaxing environment. A beautiful outdoor entertainment area that you can enjoy with family and friends is a wise investment for your home. Proper planning will ensure that you to get the most from your investment.
SunWorks, etc. is a decorative concrete fabricator and installer. Let SunWorks, etc. beautify your existing concrete floor or patio with stain treatments. Consider an outdoor bar, grilling station or kitchen. Coordinate a concrete patio table tailored to suit your deck or patio needs. Create your own unique bench. A SunWorks, etc. beverage server and planters complete the décor.
Envision the outdoor kitchen of your dreams, and SunWorks, etc. can build it. Contact us today and you will be able to host the Fourth of July party of the summer.
* Read more: Outdoor kitchens grow in popularity – MRT.com: Top Stories http://www.mrt.com/news/top_stories/article_4c300356-ed6e-58b3-97d2-2332d886c9c1.html#ixzz31cZ0vSwr
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution